The Friends of Mount Sima Society is excited about our progress and possibilities! To maintain our momentum, we are constantly striving for even greater goals. By developing stronger partnerships and building upon community support, we will be able to ensure that our operation is continuously improving and that our hill continues to be successful.
The 2017/2018 season was one for the books at Mt. Sima! We had a record-breaking year with 30% more natural snowfall than average, a real bonus for our 1200 seasons pass holders. Our sponsors play a key role in the season’s success and we’d like to share some facts and figures from the last season:
- Most successful preseason program ever, with 27 teams and 259 athletes
- Expanded Snow School program
- Continued increases in food and beverage sales
We are fortunate to have a number of partners in the business community and government who continue to support Mt. Sima which ultimately adds value to our users and our community. Continuing upgrades to the snowmaking system allowed us to make more snow, more efficiently which meant a longer season.
The purchase of a BisonX groomer continues to help us build top-notch features in the terrain park and keep the ski runs groomed to perfection.
Our ski school participation grew again; and included programming for Christmas and spring camps, youth groups, community groups, adults, backcountry users, and schools. We also continue to support the development of Yukon Athletes working with Alpine Yukon, Yukon Freestyle Ski Association and Snowboard Yukon.
Sponsor support for snowmaking, grooming, upgrades to the terrain park, and other operational requirements are integral to the success of Mt. Sima and that success reflects positively back on our sponsors. For 2018/19 we continue to invest not just in robust infrastructure, but also professional development of our employees to guarantee growth and success, year after year.
What does sponsoring Mount Sima do for you?
- High advertising engagement from audience: captive attention for 9-minute lift ride via chair signage
- Repetitive engagement: tower signage will be visible with every ride up and down the hill
- Sponsorship perks such as day passes, corporate season passes and invitations to the annual President’s Reception
- Recognition and acknowledgment on the Mount Sima website and as many thank yous as we can work in over the season
- Public acknowledgment of your support for this important community winter recreation facility
What does your sponsorship do for Mount Sima?
- It helps cover the costs of operating the hill – making snow ($10/m3), running the chairlift ($200/hr), grooming the hill ($500–700/run) and paying our dedicated staff
- Assists with the development, improvement, and maintenance of hill features, including the terrain park for all levels of users, as well as much needed lodge and IT upgrades
- Getting skiers and boarders on the hill earlier thanks to snowmaking
- The ability to develop first-rate training facilities for development of young and elite athletes
What does your sponsorship do for the community?
- Increases quality of life and enhances workforce recruitment and retention
- Supports athlete development and provides the opportunity to build commitment to sport for life
- Contributes to a facility that hosts national and international ski/snowboard events such as the Canada Winter Games (2007), the Arctic Winter Games (2012), plus the 2020 Arctic Winter Games are coming soon!
- Safe, healthy and positive recreation facility for families, seniors, students, youth at risk and everyone in between
- A winter attraction to support bringing tourism dollars into the Yukon economy
There are a number of options for you to support Mount Sima as a sponsor – we would be happy to help you find the option that is right for you!
|Rights & Benefits||
$1,000 - $2,499
Sima Community Leader
|Recognition on Composite Sign||Yes||Yes||Logo||Logo||Logo|
|Recognition on Website||Yes||Yes||Logo||Logo||Logo & Profile|
|Recognition in Thank You Ad||Yes||Yes||Logo||Logo||Logo|
|Recognition on Social Media||Combined social media recognition||Combined social media recognition||Unique social media recognition||Social media recognition w/ video content||Social media recognition w/ video content|
|Corporate Season Pass||1||2||3||4|
|Summer Day Passes||1||2||4||5||6|
*The number of Tower Signs are limited; priority will be given to past sponsors.
Download the 2018/19 Sponsorship booklet.